Friday 16 September 2016

A Beautiful Wedding

Deandra and Tyler tied the knot on September 10.  It was a lovely late summer day, the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding.


This is my favourite picture of the newlyweds.  Relaxing and chatting between formal pictures.


My brother Russell and his family.  Mom (Olive) was in the wedding party as the flower girl.  Idris was the ring bearer, Melissa and Alawna were bridesmaids and Ibrahim was an usher.  Deandra made her wedding a real family affair.


This is my family with the newlyweds.  Unfortunately Matt and Doug had gone back to the hotel to pick up the wedding present that I had forgotten, so they weren't in the picture.  George had to work  and wasn't able to attend.  


Of course I made a quilt.  This is the gift that Doug and Matt had to run back to the hotel to get. How could I forget it?  I'll blame it on the grey hair.  The pattern is from the book "By The Block" by Siobhan Rogers.  I made it slightly bigger (84 x 91) so that it could be used as a bed quilt.


I had been saving low volume 3 1/2" squares for quite some time.  Two weeks before the wedding they were all still in a box.  I dug into the box and managed to finish in time.

Wishing Deandra and Tyler a lifetime of happiness and love!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the nice wedding. My niece was married on Sept 10, 2010 (9-10-11).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous quilt! Love it! Such a nice wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks to go -'Let's start a quilt'!!. Well done, it is gorgeous. Love the hearts you have quilted it with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a special day with a special quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wedding pics! I can't believe you made that quilt in two weeks! Your machine must have been smokin' hot! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely Linda and I love your dress! Congratulations to the happy couple ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bride was glowing, so beautiful. The pic of you and your family is wonderful. Of course the wedding quilt is stunning. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful, the wedding, the quilt, and you. Congratulations to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here looking for how to finish a grandma flower patch...just scrolling though the blog and I just have to stop and say give this beautiful couple a "k"...we don't want them to not stay tied...so they must tie the "knot" ... not the not! I only see the kind of typos I make all the time myself, so please forgive me for proofreading on my first visit.

    ReplyDelete