Thursday 10 May 2012

A Fuzzy Baby Throw



Recently Katja ordered into her shop, some shaggy minky fabric.  The pile is about an inch thick, and oh so soft and fuzzy.  I just had to make something with it.

I bought a metre of the minky, cut it in half so it was 30" x 39".  I cut a piece of flannel a couple of inches smaller.  I pinned the two pieces right sides together.  By pin I mean every 3" or so.  I sewed the fabrics together leaving a 5" opening on one side to turn right side out.  Then I trimmed the minky and flannel leaving a generous 1/4" seam.  I did this outside because the minky sheds like crazy, and I did not want the mess in my sewing room.  After giving the throw a good shaking, I turned it right side out and then stitched 1/8" from the edge all the way around, closing the opening I had left for turning.

I was very pleased with the result.  I'm sure some baby will just love the texture.


This is this weeks hexagon.  I pieced it as tumbling blocks.  Check out Carla's blog if you want to see it pieced as stars.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This a wonderful baby blanket! I'll be a grandmother for the second time in November and I needed a new idea.

    ReplyDelete