I had decided I wanted my rugs to be 6" x 9" so I sewed my scrap 1 1/2" pieces into sets of six. I had enough scraps to make five strata.
I alternated the pressing so the first set has all seam allowances going up, the next set going down, etc.
I managed to cut six 1 1/2" pieces from each set of strips. I pieced the first four together.
I used the fifth set as the middle strip, and used the previously pieced sets for either side. I quilted with a simple orange peel (yes on my regular sewing machine.) I wanted the rugs to lay flat so I put a single fold small binding on the edge.
For the back I used some of the canvas that is part of the line. It gives body to the rug, as well as extra absorbency.
Doug has already laid claim to one of the rugs. Not sure yet what I will do with the other two but I am glad that I found a use for these sweet scraps.
Great work on the blog! We offer best Merchant Cash Advance Leads to grow your business.ReplyDelete