Friday 10 February 2017

Hillside Houses

In an effort to finish a few of my quilt tops, I pulled this one out and threw some thread at it.


It is the Hillside Houses quilt from a quilt-along hosted by Pretty Little Quilts.  Click here if you would like more information.


This little house block is on it's way to Montreal.  The Montreal Modern Quilt Guild is asking for donations of house blocks to make quilts for the Canadians who were victimized in the terror attack on the Mosque in Quebec.  For more information check out their blog here.  A good friend told me about the project so if you are reading this, pass it on to your friends.


This week's Northcott block is designed by Red Barn Quilt Shop in Campbell River.  Thanks Geri for picking it up for me.  It is the Kermode Bear which is a rare sub-species of the Black Bear, living in the Central and North Coast of B.C.


I was having a hard time distinguishing the fish from the bear, so I embroidered a jaw line for the bear.  What block should I do next?  So many choices.

Linking up with Finish It up Friday!  Pop on over and scroll to Thursday's post on Amanda's newest book on scrap quilting.  

4 comments:

  1. Linda. I love love the houses. I think I need to make another : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used for the Hillside Houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Linda, I like your block from the Red Barn quilt shop, nice. Your house blocks always catch my eye. One day! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to see you Hillside Houses out again and looking lovely.Great work with your blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete