Sunday 13 October 2013

Stash Busters Quilt Along Week 7


This weeks block is a Birds In The Air Block.  The block is sewn in quarters, two of which are the same, the other two the colours are reversed.



To make one quarter cut a 6 1/2" Easy Angle piece and a 3 1/2" Easy Angle piece, from your feature fabric.  From your background fabric cut three 3 1/2" Easy Angle pieces.






Sew together in the sequence shown.  Make one more quarter with the fabrics in the same place, then make the other two quarters with the fabrics reversed.  See below.


Each of the quarters should measure 6 1/2".  Now the fun begins, deciding how you want to sew them together.




I played around a little before I decided what I liked.   Each of my three blocks was sewn together in a different arrangement.


These blocks would also look great totally scrappy, dig into your scrap pile and see what you can come up with.  Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. like the block AND the fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to buy the easy angle ruler. Where should I order it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally made my first block--#2. I like this one too
    I posted to Flickr

    ReplyDelete