Tuesday 5 June 2012

Sylvia's Quilt


I realized that I haven't been posting a lot of pictures of my quilting lately, so I thought I should remedy that.  This is a stunning quilt that belongs to Sylvia.  When she brought it to me she asked that I quilt it "special" as it was for a special friend.












I tried to make each block of the sampler a little different.  It was a great chance for me to "play."  Sometimes I get in a rut with my quilting doing the same thing all the time.  This quilt helped me to break out of the rut, and stretch myself a little.

11 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful... enhanced by the quilting xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice "special quilting". Love all the different patterns.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Linda... I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I had to comment as anonymous ...one day I'll figure this iPad out....I so enjoy your blog...Betty S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is so great! That is what i love the best. Each block a tiny quilt in its own right! i would say you captured the "special" !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda. What would we do without you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That special friend is a lucky duck, what a wonderful gift. Great job, as usual! Can't wait to come back and have you quilting my quilts again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in 7 years when we retire...........not soon enough for me!

      Delete
    2. probably won't be right in Kamloops but in the area somewhere! Hope to start figuring it out this summer.

      Delete
  8. Love, love, love the quilting. You are an artist.
    Sylvia, nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quilt and fabulous quilting.... great job Linda!

    ReplyDelete