Thursday 25 October 2012

Snoopy Quilting

Sometimes I am asked to quilt something on a quilt, that I have never done before.  Barb asked me to try and quilt Snoopy and Woodstock on her niece's quilt.  Well, how was I going to do that?  I researched (wandered aimlessly) on the internet for hours.  I went to sites that promised they could teach me how to draw the critters.  I spent hours (well a few minutes anyways) trying to draw the figures.  What can I say, I can't draw.
So, not one to give up, I downloaded a Snoopy figure, resized it to what I wanted and traced around it on the quilt.  I gave up on Woodstock as it was just a little too complicated for a continuous design.  The following quilt is the result.




Not exactly perfect, but Snoopy.  Don't be scared to try something new in your quilting design. You will be amazed at what you can come up with (out of desperation if nothing else.  LOL.)


This weeks hexagon is a reminder that winter is on it's way!  Have a great day.

12 comments:

  1. you are more than awesome that was genius

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there's no doubt that it's Snoopy!! Good job Linda! xo
    Sherry L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed.Snoopy looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles Schulz would be very impressed as we all are! Snoopy looks fantastic, you did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very well! Great work!
    Greetings from Germany, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Charlie would be amazed, and so am I! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you sell any of your quilts? This Snoopy quilt is amazing & I would love to purchase!
    Thank you,
    Lauren
    email: laurensutterer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete