Thursday 11 October 2012

A Quilting Day with Friends

Last Sunday I had a fabulous day with friends.  We got together for a quilt day at Katja's Quilt Shoppe. The day was hosted by Joanne who cooked us a fabulous lunch, leaving even more time for quilting.


This is Joanne's Moroccan Tile quilt.  She had taken a class with Carla on Friday night and then showed up Sunday morning with it finished.  Wow!


Carla was busy making another sample for Moda Club.  I can't show you details, as it is a surprise.


Sonja was marking her Vintage Valentine quilt so she could hand quilt it.  I can hardly wait to see it finished.  With how quickly Sonja works, I'm sure it won't take long.


Katja was working hard and laughing lots.  After all, that's what a day with friends is supposed to be all about.


In a couple of hours Noeline had this cute little baby quilt pieced.  She joined her fabrics together into one long strip and then sewed them together jelly roll race style.

I neglected to get a picture of Sharon's quilt in progress.  Sorry Sharon.

This weekend I'm off to a retreat with another group of friends.  My projects are packed, goodies are in the car and I'm ready to have more laughs and quilting time with wonderful friends.


So I leave you with this weeks Hexagon.  Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting... I need to get my act together and produce.....something.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. best way to spend your time I would say xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all accomplished lots ; ) how is your Moroccan tile quilt coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. Fall brings lots of "quilty" fun. Back home, not knowing where to start. Everything is waiting for me to get back on track, blogging quilting garden clean up. PS. Love the hexie.

    ReplyDelete