Friday 5 October 2012

A Hometown by Sweetwater Quilt

This sweet quilt belongs to my friend Bev.  She asked me to quilt it so the blocks popped.  Here is a before picture.


And now for the after!



I stitched in the ditch for the block and then used my current favourite filler for the sashing. The border fabric had these adorable circles, so I quilted around them to make them pop as well.


Bev put a plain muslin fabric on the back, so the quilting really shows.  Thanks!

Now for last weeks winner of the four fat quarters of batik fabric.  My random number generator has picked Kelli as the winner.  I do follow her blog over here.  Check out her donkey named Reubenita.  Just too cute!


This is this weeks hexagon.  How quickly this year of hexagons is passing by.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope Bev sees this. Gorgeous quilting again Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hexagon is looking great, Linda! Thanks for the giveaway! Your quilting is so amazing. Beyond words. Love the patterns you used in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt. You have done a perfect job on the quilting to show off the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting job Linda! As usual!
    Your hexies are looking wonderful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job making those blocks pop. Isn't Rubenita just the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is just beautiful - well done!! And love that hexi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is amazing ! Be sure to stop by on Tuesday ,you just might recognize something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! What beautiful quilt Bev. Great quilting Linda, you continue to amaze.
    Sylvia J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed this post somehow. Looks so great. Dont know if you have seen my latest blog yet. Just let me say this......I wish you lived next door! I have soooo many questions. The lady i bought the machine from uses pantagraphs and she has the computer attachment (i didnt get that) so she doesnt do FMQ the same. Anyways combing your old blogs. Hope that is ok! Feel free to email any advise. What was the biggest learning thing when first started?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete