Wednesday 15 February 2012

Shopping Spree at Nee Nee Girl's

Nee Nee Girl's Yarn Shop in the Falkland Store is the sweetest little yarn shop you will find anywhere in BC.  Now that I know it is there, it is mandatory that my car pulls in whenever we are passing by.  This past weekend was no exception.


The wool is the most delectable merino silk blend.  So soft and adorable.  Don't know what I will make with it, I just had to have it.  The Tatting book was a nice surprise.  It is hard to find tatting patterns so whenever I see a book I don't have I just have to buy it.

So I know you are all thinking Tatting, has Linda lost her mind.  The answer is no.  Years ago I met a woman selling tatting in the mall.  I had her show me the secret to tatting.  And yes, I'm talking about tatting with a shuttle.


I made a few items, most of which I gave away.  I just couldn't part with this sweet little angel.  Some day I will get back to tatting, so in the mean time I have to collect as many patterns as possible.  LOL!

4 comments:

  1. I love a good shop like that. One that you just HAVE to go to whenever you drive by. So fun! The little angel is so cute.. would make a great Christmas ornament. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny how the car turns into the carpark on its own!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I love tatting too, Linda! But mostly I'm just collecting patterns too, ha ha. I love the look of them, and I love the motions, but I don't usually take to it long enough to finish anything big. Love your angel though, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed. My grandmother tried to teach me several years ago and I just couldn't get the hang of it. It's practically a lost art!! I'm glad to see it here!

    ReplyDelete