Thursday 23 January 2014

Disappearing Pinwheel

Well, the Missouri Quilt Company has done it again!  Another wonderful tutorial available here.  My blog friend Karen had posted a picture of her block, so……… I just had to make one.


I pulled out a little bit of "Little Black Dress II" and gave it a whirl.


Start with two contrasting 10" squares (Layer cake.)


Sew all around the edge and then slash twice diagonally.



Press and then stitch to make a large pinwheel.


Slash the pinwheel into thirds in both horizontally and vertically.



And then decide which placement you like best.  Be sure to check out the video highlighted above for more detailed instructions.

As soon as I get the rest of my blocks done, I'll post a pic.  Have a great day!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Now that's very clever! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! too cool! Like this way this goes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever is that! Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely surprise! Great to see you enjoying this block, too. I am amazed at how different they all look. And I also like the way there can be so many variations with this block. More fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. I'll have to remember this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your disappearing pinwheel turned out great! This is going to be a big hit with MSQC!

    ReplyDelete