Tuesday 6 December 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town


And he has his list and he's checking it twice.  This is one of my prized treasures.  My Mom made this wonderful cross stitch piece.  She worked on it off and on for three years.  Wow!  I was so excited when she said it was mine.




The list of names are those of my family.  Starting with Mom (Olive)  working down through my siblings, all Mom's grandchildren, one great grandchild, and then Mom's siblings.  The detail on this piece is amazing.  Thanks so much Mom, I love it!

When I downloaded the pictures of the Santa, I found some pictures on the camera from an early Fall day.


Blanche is keeping a close eye on the Grandchildren as they dangle their feet in the pond.  I wonder whose idea the feet in the pond was.  I'm betting Grandpa!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful prized possession and family heirloom. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda. It's gorgeous. Makes me want to haul out my cross stitch....almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome Linda! And the grandkids look pretty awesome too!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an awful lot of work...truelly an heirloom...lovely picture of the children...and the dog of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Val

    ReplyDelete