Friday 5 February 2016

Purple Girl

Last Saturday I had a few hours alone with my youngest granddaughter.  She wanted to help me sew a bit, so we got right to it.


I had all the pieces stacked up so Hallie was in charge of handing them to me, making sure there was no dog hair lingering about.  She loved using the lint roller.  Not quite big enough to operate the machine, but the thread cutter button was within easy reach.  We both had a great time.


The purple block was her favourite.  She packed it everywhere with her.  It was folded, rolled and laid upon.  Luckily it was made from Indah Batiks, so it handled the treatment.  When it was time to go home, there was a tear shed when over the fact that the block had to stay at Grandma's house.


The quilt is finished, and I think it has to have Hallie's name on it.  I quilted it with big bubbles and of course I used Fireside on the back.  I think we can have snuggles under it next time we have a day together.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't she a doll! And it looks like a big help to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... That sounds like fun. I love the quilt and I have to agree purple is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a happy little girl, when she gets that quilt. What a good helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilt is beautiful ... catch them while they are young .. that's the secrete x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see her wanting to participate. The end result with the quilt is lovely. I can see some good cuddles in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! The finish looks beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely day you had together.

    ReplyDelete