Friday 12 February 2016

"Hey Mercedes" Bag

I finally had a day to spend making my "Hey Mercedes" bag from my favourite Cotton + Steel fabric.


The bottom and side panel tapers to meet the side seams.  I was a little worried about the sewing but....


It worked out fine!


Zippered inner pockets and a snap closure to keep everything safe.


The square rings for the handles were purchase through Emmaline Bags.  She is a Canadian distributor of bag hardware out of Alberta.  I found her delivery to be fast and without those cross border fees and shipping.


The pattern is from the book Windy City Bags.  I met Sara in Houston and had a hard time waiting for this book to be released.  Now that it is in my hot little hands I may have to make a few more from the book.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Sara was at one of my guilds last year. I couldn't take her class. Nice bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag Linda. Got me dreaming bags again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bag and choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. That's a great book too

    ReplyDelete