Friday 14 October 2016

Autumn

Yes, Autumn is here.  I'm in Sorrento and the fall colours are stunning.  There is a light dusting of snow in the hills and I'm quite content to sit with 22 great women and quilt all weekend.


It's our annual retreat and we all love it here.  Wouldn't you?


I finished up this bag the day before I arrived.


The weave started out a little boring ( in my husband's eye.)  I had a plan and wasn't worried.


The light part of my Hoffman Bali Poppy was the third layer.  It really made it pop.


I basted a Pellon water soluble interfacing on type of the weave and put it on my longarm.  A quick swirl and into the sink for a rinse.  It took a few rinses to get all the residue off but it was a great way to get the weave quilted.


I did get my house block for the week done.  I used Manderley by Frannie and Jane for this one. The  fabric was perfect for the little inset tiles.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I must say I have to agree with you Linda Sorrento is beautiful. And yes you are quilting with a lovely group of ladies. I am enjoying the retreat as well. And... as usual your work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is gorgeous! Your house block is so cute! Hope you have fun at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful location for your retreat. Looks like you have been busy while there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great place for a retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place to have a retreat. Your projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete