Friday 9 June 2017

Snowberry

Continuing on with the Christmas theme, here is today's offering.


This is "Snowberry" by 3 Sisters for Moda.  I had found several quilts on line using this idea for trees, but the all had to many seams.  I drafted mine eliminating all unnecessary seams and this is the result.  I liked this one so much that it just might have to live in my house for a while.


These two Northcott blocks are from Atlantic Fabrics in Nova Scotia.  the C is from Dartmouth and the A is from Halifax.  I am trying hard to get more blocks done.  Lucy posted pictures of hers quilted so.....  LOL.  I'm trying!


Last Friday was a fabulous day for a road trip.  The six of us headed to Lillooet as a surprise road trip for Mom and Sonja.  Unfortunately the Kaoham train had been cancelled for the day.  We didn't let that spoil our day though.  We headed to Seton lake for a picnic, stopped for a whine tasting at Fort Berens Winery and then headed to Horstings Farm Market for a little look see.  A Grand Adventure!

Linking up with Finish it up Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas trees look great. A very effective design. Works so well with that gorgeous fabric.
    And it looks like you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your Christmas trees. Also love your maple leaf with all the perfect points...something I admire! Always so great to get out and about, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an older post, but I just saw it today. You mentioned you had drafted it to eliminate unnecessary seams. I’m interested in accomplishing the same thing. Could you please share how you did re-draft the pattern?

    ReplyDelete