Friday 15 July 2016

The New Hexagon Perpetual Calendar

It's here!  Katja's perpetual calendar has finally made it to store shelves.


Last year Katja put the call out to her friends to help with the piecing of the 366 blocks in the calendar.  Sonja (Katja's Mom) pieced over 75 per cent of the hexagons.  I pieced a few, as well as many other local quilters.  It was a large project on everyone's part and we are all proud of how it all came together.  Congratulations to Katja for another beautiful project.


I never tire of EPP!  This is the hexagon for July 15.  The "Hey Dot" fabric by Zen Chic was calling me to make this little hexie.  The scissors are the perfect centre.

 
I did get one row of my Row by Row blocks done.  Dancing Quilts in 100 Mile House B.C. designed this one.  It was my favourite of all that I have collected so far, so I indulged myself and did it first.



I have been struggling with the swirl feather for a while, trying to get the rhythm going.  Threaded Quilting recently put out a You Tube video available here.  She did a great job of breaking it down and with a little practice, I'm finally happy with the design.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Linda, I love the swirl feather.
    Nice RBR..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one of my local quilt shops will carry this. Nice block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun calendar!!! I love your swirl feather. It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful as usual. Hoping to pick up the calendar when I visit Katja's in late August.

    ReplyDelete