The first quilt was quilted with swirls in the background and straight lines in the diamonds. It needed a lot of quilting. When I finished piecing it my husband remarked that it looked like a topographical map. Lumps and bumps everywhere! I quilted it flat and then went back to the drawing board with the second quilt.
With a lot more accuracy, the second quilt was flat. I could quilt it however I wanted. I decided it needed a swirl in the centre and rays radiating out to represent the sun. In the diamonds I quilted a fern, just because I could.
I'm on my way to Katja's today to pick up a little more cotton + steel! Come back next Monday to see more Cotton + Steel quilts.
Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!