Monday 23 June 2014

Cotton + Steel, all week long!!!!!!!!

Cotton + Steel has arrived in the Canadian warehouse and is being shipped now, to a quilt store near you!   I was fortunate to have an advance fat quarter bundle of the basics.


Mmm good!  I gathered together seven of my Postie friends, booked a room at Katja's, and started to play.

Today I would like to show you the quilt pieced by team Terry and Rae.



The pattern is "Diamonds are Forever" by Rashida Coleman.  Rashida is one of the designers of Cotton + Steel.  The pattern was a little tricky to work with, but Terry and Rae were up for the challenge.


The quilt has fireside on the back.  Stretchy backing and eight layers of fabric at the points made for some funky quilting.


This concludes my first day in a week of Cotton + Steel.  Come back right through Friday to see how many projects you can make from one fat quarter bundle!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Still waiting with baited breath for my bundle to arrive. WANT !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That is so cool! And the quilting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the collection so much and this pattern looks so great with it. I think I even like the basics more than the collections with them. The quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Lovely way to make it with friends.

    ReplyDelete