Sunday 20 October 2013

Stash Busters Quilt Along Week 8

In the last Moda Catalogue there was a gorgeous quilt made from this block.  One of the Quilt Along participants asked if it was hard to do.  Of course not!


To make the block you will need a background and two fabrics that contrast with each other.  From the background cut a 2 1/2" strip.  Cut the strip into four 2 1/2" squares, four 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" pieces and four Companion Angle pieces.  From the first feature fabric (shown dark in the picture) cut one 4 1/2" square, four 2 1/2" squares and eight 2 1/2" Easy Angle pieces.  From the second feature fabric cut four 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" pieces.


Lay out your pieces as shown above.  You will need four of each set.


Sew the units together.


Lay out the entire block and sew together.


Didn't I say it would be easy?  Happy stitching!

7 comments:

  1. I think I did this one for Moda club. If I dug it out would it count? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my little vacation, I am now 3 behind! Hope to get some sewing catch up time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great block! I love the golden one best. Hopefully I will be able to do more of these soon!

    ReplyDelete