Tuesday 12 February 2013

Dad's 80th Birthday Log Cabin Quilt

I finished the quilt in time to give to my Dad for his 80th birthday.  Here is the official picture.


And now the unofficial photo!


I told Dad he was to use it on the couch.  As soon as it was put in place, Blue jumped up and claimed it as hers.  LOL.


She was giving me the look.  I love seeing my quilts being used, even if it is by the dog.


Sandra and I, along with Doug and Shane, took Dad and Kris out for lunch and then home for some Chocolate Cake with Chocolate icing.  You just can't have too much chocolate on your birthday!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing log cabins! I love the look Blue is giving you.. it seems like the look says, "Please don't take this away from me!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the seal of aproval xx looks wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...what a wonderful gift:):) Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Linda. How big is it? I bet he was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is beautiful and there's no better seal of approval than the approval of the favorite friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Blue sure knows how to pick them. Happy Birthday (late) to your dad. Of course, at 80, he can celebrate all month long (I am, and I'm only 50). Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some how missed this post! That is beautiful. I too love having my quilts used. Highest form of flattery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

    Stop by my web site; how to file for bankruptcy in florida

    ReplyDelete